We’re already gearing up to get started on next year’s marching season. The following are important dates to be aware of:
- Saturday, May 7th – Marching Band “Pre-Camp” from 8:00am to 5:00pm in the MHS Band Room. This is required for ALL new and returning members of the Wildcat Marching Band. It is also a fantastic opportunity for students who are still “walking the fence” about joining, since we will be covering a sampling of what will be going on in the July camp, including the playing of all music!
- Thursday, July 14th – “All-Parent Meeting” covering Fall Marching Band activities and fees, as well as an opportunity to sign-up to help at band functions!
- Band Camp (Week 1) – Monday (7/18) thru Friday (7/22) – 8:00am – 5:00pm in the MHS Band Room.
- Saturday, July23rd – Band Camp Car Wash!!! Time and Location TBD.
- Band Camp (Week 2) – Monday (7/25) thru Thursday (7/28) – 8:00am – 5:00pm in the MHS Band Room.
- Thursday, July 28th – “Parent Preview Performance” at 6:00pm on the MHS Practice Field followed by the Band Camp BBQ (ticket availability and pricing TBD).
Ladies and gentlemen, for the second year in-a-row, I’d like to introduce you to the ABODA Arizona State Division III Marching Band Champions…..the Mesquite High School Wildcat Marching Band!!! Congratulations to the WMB for earning the First Place trophy and ALL FIVE Outstanding Performance caption awards at Glendale Community College. A bonus to the group for winning the Championships, the WMB received the honor of performing one more time in front of a packed GCC stadium in an Encore Performance. What an incredible ending to an incredible ABODA season!
A huge “Congratulations!” to the Wildcat Marching Band on their performance at the ABODA State Marching Band Festival at McClintock High School. The band received a “Superior with Distinction” rating, all five Outstanding Performance caption awards, and the highest score out of 27 bands in the Division III festival. The WMB has extended their 2015 season by qualifying for the ABODA State Marching Band Championships at Glendale Community College on Saturday, November 14th.
If you would like to purchase a video of the 2015 State Festival performance, visit Box 5 Media‘s Website (www.box5.com)
Click HERE to visit Jolesch Photography to view/order pictures from the 2015 State Festival performance!
The Wildcat Marching Band continues to gain strength as we near the end of our 2015 competition season. Congratulations as the WMB earned the First-Place trophy, a “Superior with Distinction” rating and all five Outstanding Performance caption awards at the Mountain View HS “Marching at the Mountain” Invitational! Keep Pushing Wildcats!!!
The Wildcat Marching Band continues their successful run on this 2015 marching season! A huge “Congratulations!” as they earned the First-Place trophy at the Casa Grande Fall Classic, a more competitive, circuit-style marching band competition sponsored by the newly-formed Arizona Marching Band Association (AzMBA). In addition, the WMB earned the Outstanding Performance caption awards in all five categories: Music, Visual, General Effect, Percussion and Auxiliary (Colorguard). Way to Rock, Wildcats!!!
Congratulations to the Wildcat Marching Band for their First-Place victory in the Division III category at the Arizona State University Band Day Competition at Sun Devil Stadium on Saturday, October 17th! The WMB also earned the Outstanding Performance captions in ALL FIVE areas: Music, Visual, General Effect, Percussion and Auxiliary (Colorguard).
They received a score of 78.64 which earned them an ABODA rating of “EXCELLENT”, as well as the coveted “Robert ‘Coach’ Fleming Outstanding Band Award” traveling trophy for the second-year-in-a-row! The band also had the fourth highest score for the entire competition (out of 30 competing bands) and our colorguard unit took the highest auxiliary score for the entire competition!!!! Great job Wildcats, we’re so proud of you all for your hard work and your accomplishments. Keep it up!
Congratulations to the Wildcat Marching Band for receiving and “Excellent” rating at the Gilbert HS Marching Invitational on Saturday, October 3rd. In addition, the WMB also received caption awards for:
- Outstanding Music Performance
- Outstanding Visual Performance
- Outstanding General Effect
- Outstanding Percussion Performance
- Outstanding Colorguard Performance