On Tuesday, Dec. 13th at 7:00 pm in the MHS Auditorium, Mesquite Bands invite you to join us for an extravaganza featuring our Percussion Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble. As a special treat, the three-time defending ABODA Division 3 State Champion Wildcat Marching Band will be performing the music to their 2016 program “Beyond Limits” to conclude what has been a remarkably successful marching season. It will be a night of lush sounds, familiar tunes, and warm feelings within to counter the cold surroundings of winter. Join us on the 13th for a great night of music!
Congratulations to the Wildcat Marching Band for completing a strong season with being named ABODA Division 3 State Champions for the third season in a row! The Wildcat Band took home the Music, Visual, General Effect, and Percussion captions. Congratulations to all the bands in attendance, it was an honor for us to take the field with you.
You can catch the Wildcat Marching Band one more time this year at the AzMBA 2A/3A Championships this Saturday, November 19th at Campo Verde High School. The band will be performing “Beyond Limits” for the final time this season at 6:45 pm, it should be a great night for marching band!
Congratulations to the Wildcat Marching on an incredibly successful show at State Marching Festival this past Saturday! The band scored 1st overall with a score of 91.125 and received a rating of superior. The band advances to the State Marching Band Finals this weekend at Glendale Community College on November 12th. The Wildcat Marching Band performs at 11:15 am. Come on out and show your support for this incredible group of students!!
The Wildcat Marching Band will be performing at the State Marching Band Festival this Saturday, November 5th at 8:30 pm @ McClintock High School. Pre-load rehearsal will be from 2:00 – 3:30 pm earlier that day.
The Wildcat Marching Band has had an incredibly successful season thus far. Come out to McClintock to show your support for this awesome group of performers as we finish this season strong!
Hello students, parents, alumni, and friends! Here is the information for this Friday’s events. We are looking forward to having you join us for an exciting evening and celebration of the past, present, and future of the Mesquite High School, Band!
Wildcat Marching Band Student – 4:45 pm Call time (in uniform, with equipment)
Equipment: Instrument, full uniform, NO PROPS.
– This Friday’s halftime performance will consist of Movements 2 and 3 of Beyond Limits, a short drumline cadence, and Land of 1000 Dances. At the conclusion of Land of 1000 dances, you will exit out the southwest gate.
WMB SENIOR NIGHT FESTIVITIES:
– At the beginning of halftime, you will assemble alphabetically by last name with your escorts alongside in the south end zone.
– Upon conclusion of the first half and football teams exit, we will stage you on the 50 yard line, on the away (back) hash.
– When your name is called and as your info form is being read, please process forward down the 50 yard line with your escorts. After shaking hands with Mr. Willers and a quick photo.
– You will then join the band in the south end zone and escorts, you may return to the sidelines or stands to watch the performance.
MJHS 8th Grade Students – 5:30 pm Call time (arriving through South doors)
– Music: Hey Baby, Land of 100 Dances.
– Equipment: Instrument, flip folder/lyre if possible, uniform as described my Mr. Salcido. Please place cases in the orchestra room for the evening.
– At the start of halftime, during the Senior Night festivities and the Bands abbreviated performance, you will be on the home side of the track, up against the fence and home stands.
– You will join the band on the field during the drumline’s cadence for a performance of Land of 1000 Dances.
– Students are free to leave upon conclusion of the halftime performance, or stay for the remainder of the game.
MHS Band Alumni: 6:00 pm Arrival, band room
– Equipment: Please bring our own instruments if possible, we do have a rather limited remaining inventory. If need we will check out instruments for you for the evening. Any checked out instrument must be returned at the end of the night.
– Uniform: Wildcat Marching Band show shirt (If possible), or Blue Mesquite shirt. Consider school dress codes. Be mindful that you are representing the Mesquite High School Band. If an alumni is caught with inappropriate clothing, they will speak with Mr. Willers to either be asked to change or leave the event.
– Music: Stand Tunes.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK (email@example.com).
Congratulations on our Drum Line and Front Ensemble for achieving a Superior rating with all 6 available captions (cymbal line, front ensemble, front ensemble-rack, snare, bass, and tenor) at AZPAS this past Saturday! They had a fantastic performance and congratulations to all the members, staff, and parents who made Saturday a great day!
Due to the severe weather expected tonight, Gilbert Public Schools has cancelled all after school events/practices. Marching Band Rehearsal normally scheduled for 4pm-8pm tonight will be cancelled. Classes will resume tomorrow morning at normal time (6am). Thank you and stay safe.
Welcome back students, parents, staff, and everyone involved in the MHS Band Program!
We are so excited to get started with another amazing year on Wednesday, August 3rd. If I haven’t had the chance to meet you yet, my name is David Willers, and I am the Director of Bands at Mesquite High School. I truly look forward to getting started and being part of this program. Having worked with the Wildcat Marching Band the past two seasons, I am already familiar with many of our students and the school as a whole. This is sure to be a unique and special year for MHS Bands and I am humbled and thankful to be a part of it with all of you. If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Charms website for more info.