If you were unable to attend our parent meeting, visit the forms page (linked above) to find the information you need. As always, if you have any questions feel free to ask Mr. Willers or one of our Booster Board Members. Thank you parents for your support of MHS Bands!!!
Here we go! The 2017-18 school year is just around the corner. As we return, a couple things too be aware of with our website as it pertains to each of our classes this year.
- Regional Etudes are posted in the members areas for Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Percussion. Each student will be asked to learn them. Please see 2017-18 handbook for these requirements, in addition we will go over this on the 1st day of classes this Wednesday.
- If you are in need of an instrument for rental this year, the Desert Sounds program is here to help! They are holding a meeting this Wednesday, August 2nd at Gilbert High School (En Espanol 6:15 pm, English at 7:15 pm).
- We will be planning to utilize frequent reference recordings in our members areas for festival repertoire and more, already posted are some general quality recordings for you to reference.
- Please have your instruments/materials for this Friday the 4th, we will be taking our first look at the repertoire for this season then.
I am looking forward to working with each and every one of you this year! Here’s to a great start to our 2017-18 school year!
Wildcat Band Families, Alumni, Supporters, and Friends,
Our website is currently in the process of being updated to better our communications and accessibility with our students and the greater Gilbert community. Some of these updates will include;
- Direct access to a calendar with all MHS Bands Dates (including rehearsals, performances, fundraisers, etc.)
- Slight adjustments to layout and website appearance
- Re-vamped Members Areas and Ensemble pages
- General relevant updates
Thank you for your patience as these updates occur over the next few days.
A great way to support the Mesquite High School
Wildcat Bands Program!
On Friday, April 28th at 7:00 pm, the Desert Winds Steel
Orchestra, in the Mesquite High School auditorium, will be
performing a fun variety of island melodies, calypsos, and songs
of the 60’s.
Come check out the the steel pan orchestra and be prepared to
relax and unwind as your troubles float away. Learn about the
history of the pan and it’s origination from the island of
Trinidad with its association to the Calypso style of music.
Bring your friends, family and neighbors to this event as 100%
of the proceeds go directly to the MHS Wildcat Bands Program.
As we bring the 2016-17 school year to a close, we have a few more opportunities to see our students in action. Here are our final concerts for this year, as well as the end of year banquet. We hope you can join us!:
- Percussion/Jazz Concert with MJHS Percussion – Tue. April 25th (7:00 pm MHS Auditorium)
- Final Band Concert – Tue. May 2nd (7:00 pm MHS Auditorium)
- Band Banquet – Tue. May 9th (3:30 pm doors open, 5:00 pm dinner, 6:30 program) @ Amazing Jake’s Food and Fun (1830 E Baseline Rd)
Please note the following dates as we begin out 2017 marching band season!:
Wed. April 19th – Try-it Night #2 (4:00 pm to 6:00 pm)
Sat. May 6th – Mini Camp #1 and Drum Major Auditions (8:00 am to noon – MANDATORY FOR ALL 2017 MEMBERS)
Sat. May 13th – Mini Camp #2 and Parent/Student Informational Meeting (8:00 am Meeting, 8:30 Mini Camp begins, goes until noon – MANDATORY FOR ALL 2017 MEMBERS)
When?: Saturday April 8th (8 am – 2 pm)
Where?: MHS Parking Lot
Come out and support the Mesquite Entertainment System by getting your car washed by our hardworking students. Thank you for all your support!!
The Mesquite Winter Guard and Mesquite Winter Drum Line as they conclude their 2017 seasons this weekend, April 1st at WGAZ Championships.
- Winter Guard performs at 1:16 pm @ Highland High School
- Winter Drum Line performs at 1:45 pm @ Desert Ridge High School
Best of luck as they each conclude successful seasons! Be sure to come out and support as well!
Congratulations MHS Band Students on a great weekend! There were some wonderful performances the past 24 hours. Spring season is officially off and running!
Wind Ensemble – Excellent at ABODA Area Festival
Symphonic Band – Excellent at ABODA Area Festival
Winter Guard – 1st place, score of 70.25 at the Williams Field Invitational
Congratulations to the following students who qualified for 2017 Central Regional Honor groups! Thank you to everyone who auditioned!
Jefferson Boothe – Orchestra Trumpet 2
Konrad Hinze – Band Trumpet 2
Aaron Merrill – (Alternate 1) Bari Sax