Hello students, parents, alumni, and friends! Here is the information for this Friday’s events. We are looking forward to having you join us for an exciting evening and celebration of the past, present, and future of the Mesquite High School, Band!
Wildcat Marching Band Student – 4:45 pm Call time (in uniform, with equipment)
Equipment: Instrument, full uniform, NO PROPS.
– This Friday’s halftime performance will consist of Movements 2 and 3 of Beyond Limits, a short drumline cadence, and Land of 1000 Dances. At the conclusion of Land of 1000 dances, you will exit out the southwest gate.
WMB SENIOR NIGHT FESTIVITIES:
– At the beginning of halftime, you will assemble alphabetically by last name with your escorts alongside in the south end zone.
– Upon conclusion of the first half and football teams exit, we will stage you on the 50 yard line, on the away (back) hash.
– When your name is called and as your info form is being read, please process forward down the 50 yard line with your escorts. After shaking hands with Mr. Willers and a quick photo.
– You will then join the band in the south end zone and escorts, you may return to the sidelines or stands to watch the performance.
MJHS 8th Grade Students – 5:30 pm Call time (arriving through South doors)
– Music: Hey Baby, Land of 100 Dances.
– Equipment: Instrument, flip folder/lyre if possible, uniform as described my Mr. Salcido. Please place cases in the orchestra room for the evening.
– At the start of halftime, during the Senior Night festivities and the Bands abbreviated performance, you will be on the home side of the track, up against the fence and home stands.
– You will join the band on the field during the drumline’s cadence for a performance of Land of 1000 Dances.
– Students are free to leave upon conclusion of the halftime performance, or stay for the remainder of the game.
MHS Band Alumni: 6:00 pm Arrival, band room
– Equipment: Please bring our own instruments if possible, we do have a rather limited remaining inventory. If need we will check out instruments for you for the evening. Any checked out instrument must be returned at the end of the night.
– Uniform: Wildcat Marching Band show shirt (If possible), or Blue Mesquite shirt. Consider school dress codes. Be mindful that you are representing the Mesquite High School Band. If an alumni is caught with inappropriate clothing, they will speak with Mr. Willers to either be asked to change or leave the event.
– Music: Stand Tunes.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK (email@example.com).